Monday, December 7, 2009

Self Employed Ksiegowosc I Am A Self Employed Consultant. How Much Of My Income Should I Be Setting Aside To Cover My Fed Taxes? 28%?

I am a self employed consultant. How much of my income should I be setting aside to cover my Fed taxes? 28%? - self employed ksiegowosc

Now I myself am working as an advisor last week. I filled a W9 form for my clients. What percentage of income set aside to cover my federal taxes? He also lives in Massachusetts, and we have a state tax of 5% and should therefore be included on the set as well.
Does anyone know the average percentage will be set aside for? Somehow I think that 28% is a good figure? Please help! Thank you.

4 comments:

StephenW... said...

15% for self-employment taxes. Tax of 5% in Massachusetts. For the federal tax on income, regardless of the amount of taxes (may be between 10% to 28%). Then add everything.

curtispo... said...

28% of the U.S. Federal Reserve is a safe number. Remember that the rate of 28% activated only above a certain income level - look at a tax table for 2006 and see for yourself, and are at 0% and 15% brackets on the busy street. So, if your income should go to pay more than 28% in dollars earned last year to cover the lower tranches.

If your income is so high, but you have to make quarterly returns and pay taxes quarterly.

I forgot to mention the tax on self-employment, which corresponds to about 12.5%.

Good luck with your query.

Judy said...

28% will probably not be enough, but the amount will depend on the total amount of what the readers of your tax bracket. You only pay 20% for the state and for self-employment taxes (Social Security and Medicare), plus any taxes you owe.

Nigel M said...

And much more.

Go to IRS Form 1040 website, and you long to load, until going to have to get you through other means, but it will lead to 1040.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_forms_i ...

You also need the social security market environment in both employees and employers.

Post a Comment